Getting started with BUY.IU for the first time? You're in the right place! This page contains help documentation that will orient you to the BUY.IU system.
Click a button below to view documentation on that topic.
Documentation to get you started in BUY.IU, IU's procure-to-pay system.
- Get to Know BUY.IU (video): This 4-minute video provides a crash course in navigating the BUY.IU system.
- Icon Dictionary: Quick reference guide which defines icons used in the new interface.
- BUY.IU Object Code Dictionary: This dynamic table returns all object codes available in BUY.IU and their KFS counterparts.
- Service Object Codes: This page contains tables of object codes which require the completion of the Tax Information section of the requisition.
- Logging Comments: How to use the Comments Section in BUY.IU to communicate with others and request support.
- Completing the Tax Information Section: The Tax Information section of the requisition must be completed when purchasing services. This page demonstrates how to complete the section including information about grossing up payments to foreign suppliers.
- Request BUY.IU Access: For users who do not receive payroll payments, such as affiliates who will be making purchases on behalf of a department, access must be requested by the Fiscal Officer or their delegate.
Every BUY.IU user is able to save accounts, shipping addresses, and cart assignees to their personal profile.
- Manage Account Favorites: Add or update frequently used KFS accounts on your BUY.IU user profile.
- Manage Shipping Addresses: Save frequently used shipping addresses to your user profile for easy access when placing orders.
- Manage Cart Assignees: If your department uses the assign cart functionality, save a list of cart assignees.
A new, required Compliance Section was added to the requisition document on November 15.